Monday 1 September 2014

Why evolving is a must for a successful life

We are all a product of our family, environment, culture and belief be it religious or otherwise. All this different influences can be for good or for bad depending on what angle we are looking at it from.
The reality of life makes it pertinent to construe or get a balance between all the contending forces that we have to face in life thus developing a view or belief that will serve us well in life.
The fact of the matter is that life is beautiful, it is a privilege that is worth rejoicing about irrespective of our background. Come to think of it, it could have been worse. sometimes l wonder when l see animals and l gladly gives thank that no matter my situation l still have a life. One that l can think, create, makes choices and a life that is not based on instinct.
It is a privilege to know that l have a life, that my way of life is much higher than theirs. Not a life that can be cruelly stuffed out as a means of providing food or meat for human consumption. Sorry for my digression, the reason for this is just to emphasize the importance of why we should be grateful for the gift of life.
Having said that, in view of the contending forces we all have to cope with in life, it is important to accept the fact that there will be need for us to adjust to the challenges of life that we will surely face in the process of living.
l for example comes from a background where in our family, we are very expressive, we are a merry go lucky, garrulous family. we are outgoing, we are extroverts. Even though we love life and people l realize later on in life that my extrovert nature was causing me a lot of hindrances too.
How you may wonder, well, l tend to take over discussion with other people. l tend to be spontaneous in my speech and spirit. l love to talk and talk and ask questions with the mindset of getting to know the other person.
One way or the other people seems to get tired of me and getting to know me and l was always baffled when some people just don't want to be my friend.
The problem is not with being an extrovert but rather with being able to put a limit to how much of the extrovert nature should dominate me. The fact of life is that anything carried to the extreme will not be appreciated and rather than being a strength it can become a weakness.
Part of the process of evolving was for me to be sincere with myself and try to see how l can curtail this part of me to an extent that l will still not loose my identity. In a way trying  to curtail this aspect of my personality has helped met to try and be calmer in the way l do things. It has helped me to be able to see and study people more, to learn about human nature and to see how me myself could learn more from others by observing them and listening to them.
Learning to control the tendency to let go of all that is in me and to try and listen to others means more respect for me. People tends to respect you more when they don't seem to know much about you or you tend to say less about yourself compared to them because of the mystery that it brings up about you.
I believe there will always be enough time to show how wise we are and it is by getting a balance between the extrovert and introvert  that the complete perfect man is made.
When l say l am evolving it does not mean l am becoming an introvert. No, it is just that l am finding my level in between both extremes of personality which to me is the best place to be in other to learn and still be able to share with others.
From my experience so far it has been an enriching one. Better relationship with others, better way of doing things, better way of studying life and people and most importantly getting to know myself in an more deeper way.
That is an aspect of evolving that l will talk about today. Are you an extrovert or an introvert? How has it worked for you? Do you envy the other personality or do you see the positive in their personality? It will be interesting to know your thoughts on these issues and most especially the role you think evolving can play in both personality and how it can make for a better personality or individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment